Blog Details

We are a Visit England Accredited Hotel with rooms situated throughout 4 floors. The hotel has no lift due to the grade 2 listed building status meaning we can't make alterations to install one. We will of course, help with luggage though.

Our food is traditional and cooked using fresh produce of fish, meats, vegetables & dairy sourced from Scilly & Cornwall where possible. Our style is not nouvelle cuisine or a fancy Michelin Star type restaurant.

Our experienced staff offer excellent & attentive service, far beyond the normal expectations for a 2 star rated hotel

Our swimming pool is 8 metres x 4 metres and so neither small, or Olympic size! An unusual extra facility compared to even many other hotels. Its size is governed by available space, and is covered in and heated.

Our rooms are comfortable & furnished to the same standard. All are en suite with either bath, shower or both, and some are compact, hence the special offer lower tariff for these.

The hotel is situated in the centre of Hugh Town, at the quieter side and is ideally positioned for easy access to the harbour for inter island boats to the inhabited islands of Tresco, Bryher, St Agnes & St Martins.

I try to post regular photographs of the islands, and you can see more of the hotel in the photo galleries on the right hand side of the page.

If you would like to contact us please feel free to email or telephone:
contact@bellrockhotel.co.uk Tel. 01720 422575

Thursday 23 August 2012

Guest Review Extracted From TripAdvisor - Bell Rock Hotel Scilly

“Enjoyed it”

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We were at the hotel before 1 PM and the room was ready for us. Room was exceptionally clean but wanted the odd bit of glue on some of the wallpaper. The welcome/information pack was the best we have ever seen at a hotel and the tv worked as it should - all the channels being in the right place.
Unlike some places where tea and coffee is provided with just enough tea coffe and milk for one making, the tray in our room had more than ample supplies of everything and we were asked to go to reception if we needed more of anything.
Food was excellent, both breakfast and dinner were made from good fresh ingredients and well cooked. There was a good choice on the menu.
Staff are very good exceedingly friendly and wanting us to have a good holiday. However it was noticeable that the manager was not as affable as the rest of the staff and there were occasions when we felt he couldn't be bothered to say hello.
Accommodation is expensive on the Scilly Isles and taking that into account we think the Bell Rock is good value for money.


Daniel Lawson, Daniel Lawson at Bell Rock Hotel, responded to this review
20 August 2012
I'm pleased you had a good time on your holiday with us, and the staff looked after you well. I don't appear to be flavour of the month at the moment! I can only apologise if I failed to speak to you at some point. It certainly wouldn't be that I couldn't be bothered, as I wouldn't do it on purpose. Perhaps, if I was in the middle of something, I failed to spot you going by reception? Please accept my apolgies, and I hope that it wouldn't put you off returning in the future.

***Further Footnote***
I was thinking about where I'm sitting within the reception area, and it is a little set back from the opening. If I'm working on the computer, I don't always see people going past, as it's slightly out of my peripheral vision.
If people speak to me when I am unaware of passers, I always speak; so maybe I am not totally at fault here?